Saturday, March 3, 2012

Share



I couldn't help but notice the first interview projects while not the same topics or tech tools were remarkably focused on building relationships in the online learning environment. For instance, using polls to help students work together or compare results and using wikis for student collaboration of a writing project. I am interesting in student engagement and building student relationships. I have been thinking about how to use the obvious tech tools like Facebook and Twitter to increase student interaction, but have not considered other ways to build collaboration and engagement. The presentations this week sparked my interest in using different tech tools for student engagement.


I've been enjoying sharing and interacting with classmates in Twitter. It's not difficult at all to make the posts and respond to others. My follower list has always included ID folks and other educators so it is no hard task to find links to read and share. Meg and I have been meeting by Skype and discussing class material and other topics of interest relating to ID. This week we discussed the future of jobs in ID. Meg gave me a link to an internship in the cities. It really got me thinking about the possibilities in ID and how there will probably be many jobs in ID not only in the education sector, but in the business sector, too. There will always be a need for employee training materials, technical training, etc. Not only will ID be needed to build courses, but also to update courses as technology and organizational needs change. Talking with Meg helped me view ID in a different way and also created excitement in me for the future possibilities in ID. Now, that's what I call social learning.

No comments:

Post a Comment